- 8 cake doughnuts(best, although bread shown below) or white bread with crust cut off (day old, 1" cubes)
- 1 C. milk chocolate chips
- Sprinkle the two of these ingredients together into a 9x9 pan.
- 1/4 C. butter (room temp)
- 2-3 eggs (depending on size)
- 1/2 C. superfine sugar (sometimes called Baker's Sugar)
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 2 shakes ground cinnamon
- 2 shakes ground nutmeg
- 1 shake ground clove
- 1 C. heavy cream
- Beat the above 8 ingredients together briefly and pour over bread/chip mixture.
- Let soak at room temp 10 min.
- Bake covered at 350F for 30-35 min.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for another 10 min.
- Serve with vanilla bean ice cream
My recipe was included in this recipe blogger's sweet link!: Lisa's Sweet Treat's Link